Sterling silver (.925) wire is a fundamental staple most commonly used by jewelers, jewelry designers and artists for myriad uses in their jewelry designs. From wire-wrapping to freeform shapes, sterling silver is the timeless “go-to” for any project. All our half-round wire is available only in “half-hard” temper.
All our wire is SOLD BY THE FOOT so you can easily order as much – or as little – as you need.
Half-Round wire is the most commonly used in wire wrapping stones, but can be used just about anywhere you would use square wire. Twisting the wire by holding one end in a pin-vise, and the other in a clamp will yield some classic twisted wire effects.
Refers to the temper of the metal, which offers a little more resistance than “dead-soft”, making it easier to place tight wraps onto other stacked wires, or bending into freeform shapes.
It forms hard angles and holds its shape very well.
It is great as a “binding wire” for creating beautiful, clean wraps around the wires that form the frames of wirewrapped pendants, rings, bracelets, or components.
Available in the following dimensions:
- STW24HR ::: 24 gauge (0.51mm) ::: weight: 0.35 grams per inch
- STW23HR ::: 23 gauge (0.57mm) ::: weight: 0.42 grams per inch
- STW22HR ::: 22 gauge (0.64mm) ::: weight: 0.5 grams per inch
- STW20HR ::: 20 gauge (0.8mm) ::: weight: 0.8 grams per inch
- STW18HR ::: 18 gauge (1.0mm) ::: weight: 1.28 grams per inch
- STW16HR ::: 16 gauge (1.3mm) ::: weight: 2.10 grams per inch
- STW15HR ::: 15 gauge (1.45mm) ::: weight: 2.63 grams per inch
- STW14HR ::: 14 gauge (1.6mm) ::: weight: 3.29 grams per inch