Protect thread and beading wire from the everyday wear and tear caused by jump rings, clasps, or other findings. Puts a finishing touch on your necklaces and bracelets. Also helps you to leave uniform size loops at the end of your pieces.
How to use wireguards:
1. Thread a crimp bead onto your beading wire.
2. Thread a wireguard in through one end “tube”, around the back (making sure it lays in the channel), and then back out through the other end “tube”.
3. Hook the threaded wireguard onto a clasp or jump ring.
4. Slightly pinch the wireguard so that the two end-holes touch, then pull the end of the wire and insert it back through the crimp bead.
5. Now you can crimp the bead and begin beading as usual.
6. Repeat at the other end.
This wireguard is 4.5mm tall by approx. 4.5mm wide, for use with cord/stringing materials up to 0.8mm thick, and weighs 0.05 grams.